History of Roxeth Mead School

Hebe Catherine Prior was widowed in 1855 at the age of 37. Her barrister husband, Јован, was riding home from his chambers when he fell from his horse and hit his head. Two days later, he died. She had to find a way to support herself and her ten children, so she sold her home and bought Roxeth Mead, голем грузиски куќа во Хароу на ридот, и таму основал мал училиште.

Her pupils were mainly her own children and the children of masters of Harrow School. To this day, во училиштето сеуште броеви меѓу своите ученици Хароу мајстори’ деца.

Училиштето наоѓаше и, како г-ѓа Пред растеше постарите, four of her daughters took over its organisation. The youngest, Florence (познат како Мис Flo), retired in 1932. The school was fortunate enough to pass into the capable hands of Miss Nicholson (познат како Мис на Ник), who was its head until she died more than 30 години подоцна.

For some years the school was run by Mrs Eleanor Elgood, followed by Mrs Jean Vernon. Then, во 1982, Г-ѓа Колинс Averil стана претседател, еден пост таа се чуваат за 24 years. During her tenure, the school had to leave the premises that had been its home for 130 years. Harrow School came to the rescue, providing temporary accommodation for 3 years in its sixth form club.

In 1992, by a stroke of good fortune, the neighbouring property to the original house called Roxeth Mead, came onto the market and the school was able to buy Buckholt House, нејзините денешни дома.

Mrs Alison Isaacs became its new Head in 2006. Under her leadership, на училиштето продолжува да се развива, maintaining the traditions of the past while embracing new developments and looking ahead to the future.