Roxeth Mead Hakkında

Hebe Catherine Prior was widowed in 1855 at the age of 37. Her barrister husband, John, was riding home from his chambers when he fell from his horse and hit his head. Two days later, he died. She had to find a way to support herself and her ten children, so she sold her home and bought Roxeth Mead, Hill Harrow büyük bir Gürcü evi, ve küçük bir okul var kurdu.

Her pupils were mainly her own children and the children of masters of Harrow School. To this day, onun öğrencileri arasında hala okul numaralarını Harrow ustaları’ çocuklar.

Okul ve büyüdü, Mrs önce yaşlandıkça olarak, four of her daughters took over its organisation. The youngest, Florence (Özledim Flo olarak bilinen), retired in 1932. The school was fortunate enough to pass into the capable hands of Miss Nicholson (Özledim Nick olarak bilinen), who was its head until she died more than 30 yıl sonra.

For some years the school was run by Mrs Eleanor Elgood, followed by Mrs Jean Vernon. Then, içinde 1982, Mrs Averil Collins başkanı oldu, onun için tutulan bir yazı 24 years. During her tenure, the school had to leave the premises that had been its home for 130 years. Harrow School came to the rescue, providing temporary accommodation for 3 years in its sixth form club.

In 1992, by a stroke of good fortune, the neighbouring proberty to the original house called Roxeth Mead, cam onto the market and the school was able to buy Buckholt House, its present home.

Mrs Alison Isaacs became its new Head in 2006. Under her leadership, the school continued to flourish, yeni gelişmeler kucaklarken öte yandan geçmişin gelenekleri sürdürmek ve gelecek için ileriye bakmak. Mrs Isaacs retired as the Headteacher in July 2018, but remains at the school as a teacher, part-time.

In April 2018 the Proprietors sold the school to Mrs Suzanne Goodwin (the Headteacher of The Hall School, Northwood) who now manages it with her two daughters, Mrs Sarah Mackintosh and Mrs Claire Blunt.