Historie Roxeth Mead školy

Hebe Catherine Prior was widowed in 1855 at the age of 37. Her barrister husband, John, was riding home from his chambers when he fell from his horse and hit his head. Two days later, he died. She had to find a way to support herself and her ten children, so she sold her home and bought Roxeth Mead, a large Georgian house in Harrow on the Hill, a tam založil malou školu.

Her pupils were mainly her own children and the children of masters of Harrow School. To this day, školy stále patří mezi jeho žáky Harrow mistrů’ děti.

Škole prospíval a, jako paní Před stal se starší, four of her daughters took over its organisation. The youngest, Florence (známá jako "paní Flo), retired in 1932. The school was fortunate enough to pass into the capable hands of Miss Nicholson (známá jako "paní Nick), who was its head until she died more than 30 let později.

For some years the school was run by Mrs Eleanor Elgood, followed by Mrs Jean Vernon. Then, v 1982, Paní Averil Collins se stal hlavou, pošta, kterou ona držela pro 24 years. During her tenure, the school had to leave the premises that had been its home for 130 years. Harrow School came to the rescue, providing temporary accommodation for 3 years in its sixth form club.

In 1992, by a stroke of good fortune, the neighbouring property to the original house called Roxeth Mead, came onto the market and the school was able to buy Buckholt House, současné domácí.

Mrs Alison Isaacs became its new Head in 2006. Under her leadership, škola pokračuje vzkvétat, zachování tradic a zároveň zahrnuje nový vývoj a výhledem do budoucnosti.