Historia Roxeth Mead School

Hebe Catherine Prior was widowed in 1855 at the age of 37. Her barrister husband, John, was riding home from his chambers when he fell from his horse and hit his head. Two days later, he died. She had to find a way to support herself and her ten children, so she sold her home and bought Roxeth Mead, a large Georgian house in Harrow on the Hill, ja siellä perusti pienen koulun.

Her pupils were mainly her own children and the children of masters of Harrow School. To this day, Koulun silti numerot keskuudesta oppilaiden Harrow mestarit’ lapset.

Koulu menestyi ja, kuten rouva Ennakkoilmoitus kasvoi vanhemmaksi, four of her daughters took over its organisation. The youngest, Florence (nimellä Miss Flo), retired in 1932. The school was fortunate enough to pass into the capable hands of Miss Nicholson (nimellä Miss Nick), who was its head until she died more than 30 vuotta myöhemmin.

For some years the school was run by Mrs Eleanor Elgood, followed by Mrs Jean Vernon. Then, vuonna 1982, Rouva Averil Collins tuli johtaja, post hän pidetään hallussa 24 years. During her tenure, the school had to leave the premises that had been its home for 130 years. Harrow School came to the rescue, providing temporary accommodation for 3 years in its sixth form club.

In 1992, by a stroke of good fortune, the neighbouring property to the original house called Roxeth Mead, came onto the market and the school was able to buy Buckholt House, sen nykyinen koti.

Mrs Alison Isaacs became its new Head in 2006. Under her leadership, koulu jatkaa kasvamista, säilyttää perinteet menneisyydessä ja omaksumassa uusia kehitys ja ajatellen tulevaisuutta.