History of Roxeth Mead School

Hebe Catherine Prior was widowed in 1855 at the age of 37. Her barrister husband, ห้องน้ำ, was riding home from his chambers when he fell from his horse and hit his head. Two days later, he died. She had to find a way to support herself and her ten children, so she sold her home and bought Roxeth Mead, ขนาดใหญ่ในบ้านจอร์เจีย Harrow บนเนินเขา, และมีการก่อตั้งโรงเรียนขนาดเล็ก.

Her pupils were mainly her own children and the children of masters of Harrow School. To this day, โรงเรียนยังคงตัวเลขของนักเรียนในระดับปริญญาโทฮาร์โรว์’ เด็ก.

โรงเรียน thrived และ, เป็นนางก่อนที่โตขึ้น, four of her daughters took over its organisation. The youngest, Florence (ที่รู้จักกันเป็นนางสาว Flo), retired in 1932. The school was fortunate enough to pass into the capable hands of Miss Nicholson (รู้จักกันในชื่อนางสาวนิค), who was its head until she died more than 30 ปีต่อมา.

For some years the school was run by Mrs Eleanor Elgood, followed by Mrs Jean Vernon. Then, ใน 1982, นาง Averil Collins กลายเป็นหัว, โพสต์ที่เธอจัดขึ้นสำหรับ 24 years. During her tenure, the school had to leave the premises that had been its home for 130 years. Harrow School came to the rescue, providing temporary accommodation for 3 years in its sixth form club.

In 1992, by a stroke of good fortune, the neighbouring property to the original house called Roxeth Mead, came onto the market and the school was able to buy Buckholt House, บ้านในปัจจุบันของมัน.

Mrs Alison Isaacs became its new Head in 2006. Under her leadership, โรงเรียนยังคงอวด, การรักษาขนบธรรมเนียมประเพณีในอดีตในขณะที่กอดการพัฒนาใหม่และมองไปข้างหน้าในอนาคต.