געשיכטע פון ​​ראָקסעטה Mead שולע

Hebe Catherine Prior was widowed in 1855 at the age of 37. Her barrister husband, יוחנן, was riding home from his chambers when he fell from his horse and hit his head. Two days later, he died. She had to find a way to support herself and her ten children, so she sold her home and bought Roxeth Mead, אַ גרויס גרוזיניש הויז אין האַרראָוו אויף די הילל, און דאָרט געגרינדעט אַ קליין שול.

Her pupils were mainly her own children and the children of masters of Harrow School. To this day, די שול נאָך נומערן צווישן זייַן תלמידים האַרראָוו הארן’ קינדער.

די שול טרייווד און, ווי מרס פּרייער געוואקסן עלטערע, four of her daughters took over its organisation. The youngest, Florence (באַוווסט ווי מיס פלאָ), retired in 1932. The school was fortunate enough to pass into the capable hands of Miss Nicholson (באַוווסט ווי מיס ניק), who was its head until she died more than 30 יאָרן שפּעטער.

For some years the school was run by Mrs Eleanor Elgood, followed by Mrs Jean Vernon. Then, אין 1982, מרס אַוועריל קאָללינס געווארן קאָפּ, אַ פּאָסטן זי געהאלטן פֿאַר 24 years. During her tenure, the school had to leave the premises that had been its home for 130 years. Harrow School came to the rescue, providing temporary accommodation for 3 years in its sixth form club.

In 1992, by a stroke of good fortune, the neighbouring property to the original house called Roxeth Mead, came onto the market and the school was able to buy Buckholt House, זייַן איצטיקער היים.

Mrs Alison Isaacs became its new Head in 2006. Under her leadership, די שול ווייַטער צו בליען, מיינטיינינג די טראַדישאַנז פון די פאַרגאַנגענהייַט בשעת עמברייסינג ניו דיוועלאַפּמאַנץ און זוכן פאָרויס צו די צוקונפֿט.